We Are Futureproofs Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 21 August 2018, to remove references to Google Analytics, which we no longer use.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file stored on your computer by your web browser when requested to do so by a web server. This may contain a unique identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that allows our servers to identify you and hence provide an individualised service.
Cookies may be used to identify and track users as they navigate a website (giving the provider useful information about features that the users value or have problems with) and also to identify users returning to a website (avoiding the need to log in every time you visit).
We may also store information in your browser using the local storage facility it provides. This information is used in the same way as cookies and is covered by this policy. All references to cookies from this point on should be read as including all information stored in your browser about you, by whatever means.
What cookies do you use?
Here is a specific list of what we store in your browser.
- authenticated.id – we use this to identify you uniquely to our API.
- authenticated.name – we use this to store the name you provided when you registered so that we can personalise the website.
- authenticated.email – we use this to store the email address you provided when you registered so that we can identify you.
- authenticated.user_id – we use this to authenticate you in our system.
- authenticated.permissions – we store the various permissions your account has in Futureproofs here.
- publisher.id – we use this to personalise the site for users who are publishers.
- publisher.name – we use this to store your company name so that we can personalise the website.
- expires – we use this to control how long you remain logged into the system.
- refreshToken – we use this to re-authorise you in our system when necessary.
- zoomRatio – we use this to store the current zoom level you have chosen for page views.
What third-party cookies do you use?
We do not use any third-party services that place cookies on your computer.
Cookies and personal information
Cookies do not themselves contain personally identifiable information. However, we may link personal information that we store about you to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
How do I block cookies?
You can configure most browsers not to accept cookies. However, the Futureproofs service (along with many other website) will not work properly if you do choose to block cookies.
Here are instructions on how to stop some common browsers from accepting cookies.
- Chrome – choose Settings from the menu, click Show Advanced Settings... and then click the 'Content Settings...' button under the Privacy heading. The top section of the dialog box that is shown controls cookies, so select 'Block sites from setting any data'.
- Firefox – open your settings (called Options in Windows) and choose the Privacy section. Choose 'Use custom settings for History' from the dropdown menu in the History section and deselect the 'Accept cookies from sites' checkbox.
- Safari – choose Settings and then click the Privacy section. For 'Block cookies and other website data', choose 'Always'.
How do I delete cookies?
Just as for blocking cookies, most browsers let you delete the cookies that have already been stored.
- Chrome – choose Settings from the menu, click Show Advanced Settings... and then click the 'Clear browsing data...' button under the Privacy heading. Select the checkbox labelled 'Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data' and then click Clear Browsing Data.
- Firefox – open your settings (called Options in Windows) and choose the Privacy section. Choose 'Use custom settings for History' from the dropdown menu in the History section and click Show Cookies. Click Remove All Cookies.
- Safari – choose Settings and then click the Privacy section. Click 'Remove all Website Data...'.
Changes to this policy
When this policy is updated, we will endeavour to contact you in advance by email and let you know of the changes that are being made.