This web page sets out how We Are Futureproofs Ltd (which owns and operates the Futureproofs service) uses and protects any information that you provide when you use this website.
We Are Futureproofs Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 25 November 2014.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and process the following kinds of personal information.
- Information that you provide so that you can register with us as a user of the Futureproofs service (your name and email address).
- Information about your computer and your visits to this website (IP address, browser type and version, geographical location, operating system, referral source, time and length of visit, page views, website navigation and use of the various features of the Futureproofs service).
- Information that you provide so when you subscribe to newsletters or other updates (your name and email address).
- Any other information that you choose to send us.
2. How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- provide you with the Futureproofs service;
- improve your experience by personalising the service or our messages to you;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you or your company;
- send you email notifications as part of the Futureproofs service;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you;
- keep the website secure;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions of the Futureproofs service;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications related to our business which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology;
- provide third parties with statistical information about the usage of our service (although this will never allow individual users to be identified).
Where you provide personal information for publication on our website, we will publish that information in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Futureproofs service.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or contractors as reasonably necessary to deliver the Futureproofs service to you. This includes our infrastructure providers, who may in the course of work learn your email address and other personal information:
- Amazon Web Services, who provide our basic infrastructure, including file storage;
- Compose, who provide our database service;
- MailChimp, who provide our email service;
- Segment, who manage the user-activity data we send to the services below;
- Google, who provide usage analytics; and
- Intercom, who provide our support service.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to by law;
- if necessary for legal proceedings in which we are involved;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, such as preventing fraud or abuse of the system;
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
5. International data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the Futureproofs service will be available to users globally who have access to the same projects as you. We have no control over the use or misuse of any such information by others.
By using the Futureproofs service, you expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
6. Security of your personal information
We will store all the personal information that we gather on our secure servers. These are protected by passwords, firewalls and encryption to ensure that your data remains secure.
As set out in the terms and conditions of service, you must keep your password confidential. We will never ask you for your password except when you log into the website.
7. Changes to this policy
When this policy is updated, we will endeavour to contact you in advance by email and let you know of the changes that are being made.
8. Inspecting your personal information
You have the right to view any personal information that we hold about you. We will honour such requests provided that you:
- provide appropriate evidence of your identity;
- pay a processing fee (currently fixed at £10 sterling).
We may withold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may also ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. To do this, you should send an email to our Support team indicating your preference. We may also provide an option in your account settings allowing you to opt out of marketing emails.
9. Linked websites
The Futureproofs website may contain links to other websites. You may also encounter links to websites shared by other users of the Futureproofs service. We Are Futureproofs Ltd is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any such third-party websites.
10. Updating your information
The Futureproofs service provides the ability for you to update your name, email address and company details when needed. To do so, visit the account settings while logged into your account. If you believe that any other information that we hold about you needs updating, please let us know by contacting our Support team.
11. Contacting us
12. Data controller
The data controller responsible for the information collected on this website is We Are Futureproofs Ltd. Our data protection registration number is ZA044550.